Saturday, October 24, 2009

Weaning Day at the neighbors ranch





I am waiting (impatiently I might add) for Kya to whelp......not long now tho, and she is becoming a bit restless making trips into the puppy room to check out the whelping box. She seems to remember exactly what that room and box are for :o)
Life goes on tho, and yesterday and today was weaning time at our neighbor's the Boulding's Lazy B Bar Ranch. I love it any time I can ride and work cattle so it was a great day for me today! It should have been only about 1/2 a day to finish up, however the calves that were weaned yesterday were an industrious lot and they managed to create a new gate in their corral, making their way back to their mom's in record time :( So, they had to be gathered and sorted all over again. I've included some pictures from today, and hopefully next week I'll be posting pictures of puppies!! :o))

1 comment:

  1. WOW, what great pictures Joan!!!! Those could be in a magazine spread!

    ReplyDelete