Saturday, January 23, 2010

First Exposure to Sheep

Shay had her first exposure to sheep today......and it reminded me so much of her mother's first time on sheep, it was spooky :o) At almost 13 weeks, Shay is about a month younger than Kya when I first put her in the round pen. I put Shay on the flexi and walked out into the sheep pen with her. The sheep immediately grouped up and turned to face "the attacker" :o) Shay immediately went out in front of me and could easily have charged straight thru the middle but she didn't. She did a lovely little (still on a flexi) outrun to the left and went around the sheep, who headed into the round pen. So we followed them in and then I let Shay gather them again and push them back out. We did this 3 times......Tons of instinct in this pup......I think she's a keeper ;o))

All of the pups got individual leash lessons today, and a big play outside in the snow. Tomorrow, if the weather smartens up a bit, all of the pups will get some sheep time ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment