Sunday, September 20, 2009

Weekend Chores


Spent the weekend getting things ready for winter, which like it or not will probably arrive sooner than we'd like!


We started hauling our hay in the from the fields, what little of it we have this year :( The 2 fields that we normally hay which generally yield 150-175 bales gave us 34 bales :( We also hayed about half of our 40 acre slough field this year......a first for us as since we moved here as it has always been toooo wet to get on to. This field yielded 106 bales, so we have a start to our winter feed, but still need to buy more......if we can find it :( I also fixed part of my electric fence in hopes that my sheep will stay put! I let them out this morning only to look out my kitchen window a while later to see them galavanting thru one of the cattle fields, so I sent Kya to bring them in. She did a lovely outrun and gathered them all up while I stood at the gate.......buggers! She seems to be feeling pretty good thru this pregnancy and shows no signs of slowing down yet!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for blogging! I hope to follow you here every day, also want to wish you good luck with your litter! Kind regards, Silja Jonssons - Jonssons Stock Dogs in Sweden.

    ReplyDelete