Sunday, September 27, 2009

Weekend Chores....again!

I'm really certain that weekends should be 5 days long, and weekdays 2 days......that way a person might stand half a chance at getting everything on the "to do" list done!

Yesterday afternoon we spent hauling bales from the field to the stack yard. I also wanted to redo some fencing around a small field behind the quonset to try and keep my sheep in, since the hot wires weren't working so well. So every time I parked the truck and trailer for Larry to off load the bales I would get out and pull staples and take off a couple of strands of barb wire and roll it up. This system worked pretty good....multi tasking at it finest :o)) I had bought 32" field fencing so I wanted to leave the top couple of strands of barb wire and put the field fencing on underneath, AND I left the 2 hot wires on the inside! By the time we were done hauling bales I had all the old barb wire that I wanted to take off.....and the fence ready for the new stuff. This afternoon right after lunch we went out and hung the fencing. Hey....it looks good and if those damn sheep get out of there.....they better keep on goin if they know whats good for them! I had Kya go gather the sheep from another field and bring them in for me. She can still get out and around her stock, I do see a little bit of a belly starting to develop, but its not slowing her down yet! :)

Back to work tomorrow.......its kinda looking like the mosquitos scourge has ended and there is still enough daylight hours when I get home from work, so with any luck I'll be able to work Kya and Chili for a while yet. I had fully intended to set up one of Sherry Bakers new proposed courses this weekend, but that didn't happen...guess that little chore gets moved to next weekend's "to do" list :)

No comments:

Post a Comment